There are several things you must know before coming to GraphQL Finland. Read on to learn more.
Venue - Paasitorni#
The conference will be held at Paasitorni, a historic building in Siltasaari, near the center of Helsinki. Paasitorni is a gorgeous Art Noveue building that in past served as Worker's House. On 18th, several meeting rooms would be used for the workshops. On 19th, the big congress hall will be the main conference location.
How to Get to the Venue?#
There's a direct train from the airport to Helsinki center. HSL operates the local public transport system. You can find a city bike system as well. From city center, take a tram or metro to Hakaniemi.
Where to Stay?#
- Hotel F6 - Roughly 160€ per night.
- Omena Hotels - Roughly 60-80€ per night. Minimal service. Two separate hotels.
- Kongressikoti Hotel - Roughly 60€ per night.
- Hostel Diana Park - Roughly 30€ per night.
How to Follow the Conference Program?#
- Use the site schedule.
- Use the mobile applications (Android, iPhone).
- Subscribe to the conference calendar. You can import it to your Google Calendar for example.
What Should I Know About Finland?#
- We speak Finnish, English, and Swedish (poorly most often). Check out our brief guide to Finnish in order to surprise the locals.
- We use euro as our currency.
- Finland is generally considered a safe country. Do not try to go past people in the grill queue, through, as that's a common way to find yourself in a trouble.
- Finland has about 5.5 million residents. That's about 1.6 times the population of Berlin spread around a big area. Whole Germany has roughly the same land area.